- As part of its efforts to support Dubai’s frontline heroes, FoodKarma delivered free meals to healthcare workers at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai.
- FoodKarma partnered with Dusit Thani Hotel Dubai, 1762, Le Pain Quotidien, Cooloo Tamam, Armela Farms, and Katch International for the initiative.
Dubai (June 2020): As the iconic line goes, “I get by with a little help from my friends,” and that’s exactly the approach FoodKarma and its food and beverage partners are taking during these challenging times. The disruptive digital food-rescuing platform teamed up with its karma-conscious friends to deliver free meals to frontline workers at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. The free meals, transported in 1762’s state-of-the-art refrigerated food truck, were delivered in partnership with:
- Dusit Thani: A 5-star iconic hotel along Sheikh Zayed Road, known for its gracious Thai hospitality, six multi-awarded restaurants and bars, and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System Certification)
- 1762: Offering fresh, tasty, flavourful, and delicious food since opening its first branch in DIFC. With a rustic, warm and welcoming ambiance, it’s the perfect place to pop in and relax over some wholesome, honest food and freshly roasted coffee.
- Le Pain Quotidien: With a menu that celebrates the simplicity of fresh, nourishing food, Le Pain Quotidien, which means ‘the daily bread’, brings friends together to gather around the communal tables to share simple, honest and wholesome food.
- Cooloo Tamam: A healthy, real and fair restaurant located in JLT, offering dine-in, delivery, and meal prep services, with the aim of bringing you simple, nutritious, delicious, and calorie-controlled meals, along with vegan options, for a better and healthier lifestyle.
- Armela Farms: A farm-to-table supplier that produces, packs and distributes fresh, local, 100%-pesticide-free leafy greens, 365 days a year.
- Katch International: A Dubai-based, 360° integrated communications and creative design agenc
Since launching on the 1st of March, FoodKarma has continued to support its partners, local businesses and the wider F&B community, particularly during such challenging circumstances. Consequently, as well as recently adding a B2B section to its app, FoodKarma has waived all commissions, which means that when food is rescued on the app, 100% of the money spent by users goes directly to the outlets they order from. Now, through this latest initiative, the FoodKarma team and its F&B friends want to do their (little) bit to help Dubai’s brave healthcare workers on the frontline.
Commenting on the initiative, Eugenie Dronneau, Founder and CEO of FoodKarma, said, “FoodKarma is about positivity, cooperation, and unity, with the aim of promoting good karma. Together with our food and beverage partners, we wanted to do our little bit to support the frontline workers (including, doctors, nurses, and maintenance and cleaning staff), because, during these challenging times, they put their lives at risk every day to keep us safe.”
She adds, “This effort would not have been possible without the amazing support of our partners at 1762, Armela Farms, Cooloo Tamam, Dusit Thani Dubai, and Le Pain Quotidien, along with the much appreciated help of Katch International. All of them have responded to this idea with the utmost enthusiasm and support, and we want to thank them sincerely for all their efforts! We hope to be able to organise more initiatives like this throughout the year, to help the community and those in need as much as possible.”
FoodKarma is more than an app; it’s a movement – a movement on a mission to make sure that food produced is food consumed. That way, everyone wins, and we all play a small but significant part in helping to solve the problem of food waste.
Love food, hate waste and join the FoodKarma revolution now! It couldn’t be easier:
- Download the FoodKarma app for free from App Store, Play Store or ae
- Tell us where and what you want to eat
- Find the food you want to eat
- Build your karma rank based on the food you rescue
- Choose from delivery, dine-in and pick-up options
- Place your order on the app, and…
- Voila! You have helped the planet
FoodKarma isn’t just an app with a difference; it’s the app that makes a difference! A disruptive digital food-rescuing platform, FoodKarma partners with restaurants, cafés, outlets and vendors that have surplus food and connects them with karma-conscious foodies who want to rescue that food, enjoy delicious meals and do their (little) bit to help save the planet. Whether it’s delivery, dine-in or pick-up, with the FoodKarma app, users have ethical dining at their fingertips.
761 total views, 6 views today