Tourism Ireland welcomes recent announcement by the Irish Government of the re-opening for international travel to Republic of Ireland on 19th July.
UAE, Dubai, 8 June 2021: Republic of Ireland has announced the adoption of the EU’s new Digital Covid Certificate. This will enable more seamless travel for tourists and will be extended to vaccinated visitors from outside of the EU, including the GCC countries, and will allow certain travellers to visit the island. Republic of Ireland will begin the scheme on 19 July, meaning that travellers with the approved vaccinations will then be able to visit Ireland without the need for a test or quarantining.
Tourism Ireland and the tourism industry have been actively planning for the restart of international travel. The organisation is now ready to roll out a significant promotional kick-start campaign to entice and welcome back international visitors. The tourism industry has been preparing to ensure visitors will have a great holiday on the island of Ireland in 2021. The health and safety of all visitors will be a priority, but the island is sure to still bring a very warm Irish welcome and a great holiday experience.
Approved vaccinations which will be accepted for travel to Republic of Ireland includes;
- 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNtech Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 7 days since second dose)
- 2 doses of Moderna Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 14 days since second dose)
- 2 doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 15 days since second dose)
- 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 14 days since second dose)
Travellers from the GCC will be able to travel to Republic of Ireland provided they have received the full course of any one of these approved vaccinations. These rules apply to Republic of Ireland only and excludes Northern Ireland which will be subject to the UK government requirements.
Niall Gibbons, Chief Executive of Tourism Ireland, said: “The announcement is an extremely welcome and important step on the road to recovery for our industry and for those looking forward to visiting Ireland this year. For the first time in many months, we can look to the future with optimism
Everyone at Tourism Ireland looks forward to getting back in full swing, to promote the island of Ireland as a safe, welcoming and ‘must-see’ destination across the world. Over the coming months, we will be working flat out, with all of our partners, to restore as much business as possible. Our message is that we can’t wait to roll out the green carpet and welcome back our overseas visitors.
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing around 325,000 people across the island.
- In 2019, we welcomed almost 11.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of almost €5.8 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international consumer website is www.ireland.com, available in 30 countries in 11 language versions around the world.
- Since January 2018, Ireland is now visa-free for UAE Nationals, meaning easier travel and easier access to the island of Ireland
70 total views, 4 views today